We love to help you organizing your daytrips from here and transportation to your next destination.
Most popular destinations from Panajachel are Antigua, Guatemala City and San Cristobal de las Casas in Mexico but it is possible to go to almost any place in central America you want to go to.
The tours that proved “best” by other backpackers opinion include tours to the villages around the lake, a shopping and cooking class tour, mountain biking, visiting villages famous for the skillful artisanry but there are many more offered.
|Santa Catarina and San Antonio||9am||ancient parish, local art gallery, weavers and their history, ceramic factory and its process and sale room, champignones plantation||200|
|Gastronomic||9am||Shopping supplies in Solola market, transport to San jose Chacaya, cook in a house with handcrafted tools stone, clay pot, pollo a leña, highlands||355|
|Volcan San Pedro||6am||lancha, breakfast (chapin, americano, pancakes) Boat, guide, brekky, entry||350|
|Tour del Lago||9.10am-15.30||San Juan, thread by hand and dying naturally:
op1. lancha, guide
art gallery,technics,styles,local artists, church
San Pedro, coffe, freeTime, Santiago, Church, Maximon, Franc Stanley
|Horseback riding SP||8, 9, or 10am||boat + return, 3 hours horse, guide||300|
|Indians Nose||6am||return 4-5pm incl boat +return, entrada, guia||375
- Other things to do around Panajachel:
- Jet skiing, Kajaking, bananaboat, diving, Flyboards, go paddleboarding;
visit a medical plant garden or the Chocolate museum, which also offers workshops and has a little shop
visit the nature reserve, which is a about 20minutes walk away from the hostel, besides its nature and animals it offers the option to do Ziplining with incredible view;
- Go Paragliding, with a in Austria certified company;
- Go into a traditional mayan Sauna, called Temascal;
- Do yoga or receive a professional massage;
- Enjoy internationally celebrated coffee at CafeLoco, only a few minutes from the hostel;
- Improve your Spanish in Panajachel, with it´s several Spanish schools close by the hostel;
- Rent a motorbike or bicycle and explore the surrounding area by yourself;
- Visit one of our neighboring villages and experience authentic mayan villages, well known backpacker hotspots like San Pedro, Santa Cruz and San Marcos or villages know for their artwork in pottery and weaving like San Antonio and Santa Catarina. Boats leave daily from 6.30 am until
5pm and cost between 10 and 25Q, depending on the distance you go.